Improving Neighborhood Caucus
- Make Caucus Night more accessible to those with challenging schedules
- Focus on what matters most to Caucus Night attendees
- Make better use of meeting time
- Provide more opportunity for attendees to learn about caucus candidates
- Using Ranked Choice Ballots
- Waiting until later in the evening (9:00pm) to tally ballots
- Allowing ballots to be cast anytime from 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
We are also encouraging conversations and engagement before Caucus Night by:
- Setting up and promoting Precinct web pages and Facebook Groups
- Encouraging candidates to declare they are running ahead of time, so that discussions can start sooner
With these changes precinct members have more flexibility in how they participate in Caucus Night.
- Come when you can
- Ask the questions important to you
- Leave when you need to
- No waiting for ballots to be counted
When you leave Caucus Night, be sure to fill out the survey so we know if the Open Voting Pilot was a success or not. If it is successful, we hope to expand the number of precincts that use this format at the next Caucus Night.